Hillsides is dedicated to healing children and young adults, strengthening families, and transforming communities through quality comprehensive services and advocacy.
This temporarily positon is filling in for an employee on leave.
In exchange for your skill and experience, Hillsides offers an excellent benefits package, which include:
- Competitive salary
- Supportive work environment
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may be assigned.
The essential functions include:
- Clean all bathrooms and water fountains, vacuum downstairs carpets, and empty all wastebaskets in the Administration Building
- Wash door and window glass in lobby and hallway
- Vacuum all upstairs offices, sweep and mop vinyl floors on stairs and hallways
- Maintain auditorium carpets and floors, clean and set up coffee area
- Clean and maintain front porch floor, plants and sills
- Wash windows as needed
- Clean all air/heater vents
- Wash walls, doors, and banisters
- Shampoo carpets at all locations
- Cleaning at offsite satellite homes involving vacuuming, dusting, mopping, and cleaning of toilets, sinks and showers
- Strip, wax and buff all vinyl floors on main campus and offsite locations
- Order housekeeping supplies for all locations
- Maintain vacuums, floor buffers, and wax machines
- Other duties as required
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED TO PERFORM THE ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Communication Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from clients, office personnel, and other employees
Mental/Interpersonal Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work independently and with others – including other employees, clients and members of the public -- in face-to-face and telephonic contexts
- Ability to multi-task, establish priorities and manage time, meet deadlines and perform duties under time constraints
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to changing work demands
- Maintain high level of concentration and attention to detail for extended periods of time
- Ability to respond effectively to sensitive inquiries or complaints
- Maintain a high level of ethical and professional standards in accordance with agency and community policy
Physical Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to talk or hear in order to give and receive information and instructions
- Ability to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls
- Ability to reach with hands and arms
- Lift and/or move up to 60 pounds
Equipment and Computer Software Skills and Abilities:
- Able to use equipment necessary to perform job duties, such as mops, brooms, waxer and buffer, other equipment as needed
- Regularly work indoors or outdoors in a variety of environments
- Potential exposure to blood borne pathogens
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & CERTIFICATES
- Previous janitorial experience
- Valid California drivers license, driving record and personal vehicle insurance acceptable to Hillsides’ insurance carrier
Every employee has the opportunity and responsibility to participate in one or more activities each year that support the continuous quality improvement (CQI) of Hillsides’ programs and services. Activities might involve membership on a CQI committee or work group, service as a peer reviewer, data collection for CQI and evaluation purposes, completion of CQI questionnaires and surveys or participation in focus groups, or other activities as identified by CQI committees or work groups.
TRAUMA INFORMED CARE (TIC)
Hillsides practices Trauma Informed Care (TIC) principles which recognizes the signs, symptoms, and widespread impact of trauma; Employees are asked to comprehensively integrate knowledge of Trauma Informed Care into policies, procedures, and practices with the goal to prevent re-traumatization which promotes healing of families, youth, individuals, and communities.
This position performs tasks that may involve exposure to blood, body fluids, or tissues. All Hillsides employees are offered the opportunity to receive the Hepatitis B vaccination series.
Hillsides is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Status: Full Time, Contract/Temporary