Bilingual Therapist, Intake (#00407)
Hillsides is dedicated to healing children and young adults, strengthening families, and transforming communities through quality comprehensive services and advocacy.
In exchange for your skill and experience, Hillsides offers an excellent benefits package, which includes:
- Competitive salary
- Supportive work environment
- Medical insurance with a $10 premium per paycheck for employee only coverage plan
- Dental insurance 100% employer paid for HMO employee only coverage plan
- Life and AD&D insurance 100% employer paid up to two times the annual salary
- Long-term disability 100% employer paid
- Flexible Spending Account with $500 roll-over limit
- 401 k with no wait period, 5% employer match cap and no vesting schedule
- 12 paid holidays per year
- Generous time off policy accruing up to 22 paid days in a year for new employeesBilingual stipend of $2,000 for BA/BS and $4,000 for MA/MS for all applicable positons based on position requirements.
- Cell phone allowance for applicable positions
- Opportunity to ear BBS CEUs
- Employee Assistance Program
- Sign-On bonus of $4,000 for Therapist and Social Workers
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may be assigned.
The essential functions include:
- Responsible for conducting intake/assessments for all community based clients including, in schools, in home, in office or in other community settings.
- Responsible for assisting with walk in clinics for the Baldwin Park, Echo Park, South Pasadena FRC’s and any other Hillsides sites.
- Responsible for assisting with residential/RBS intakes.
- Responsible for assessment, treatment referral and consultation session with assigned provider.
- Attends training sessions & staff meetings with program/clinical supervisors
- Directly implements program protocols & guarantees that procedures are consistent with protocols
- Conducts home-based & on-site individual, conjoint, group family therapy sessions under supervision of the clinical supervisor
- Documents therapy sessions based upon DMH regulations
- Is available on-call to respond to emergency calls after hours and on weekends to program families
- Is available to do a parenting group, or assigned group, on a rotation one evening a week
- Responsible for meeting current agency productivity standards and meeting agency deadlines in regards to paperwork timelines.
- Other duties as required
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED TO PERFORM THE ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Communication Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from clients, office personnel, other employees and the general public
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret manuals and office documents
- Ability to speak a language other than English if required based on case load
Mental/Interpersonal Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to define problems, gather, transcribe and post data, analyze, synthesize and classify information, and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to work independently and with others – including other employees, clients and members of the public -- in face-to-face and telephonic contexts
- Ability to multi-task, establish priorities and manage time, meet deadlines and perform duties under time constraints
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to changing work demands
- Maintain high level of concentration and attention to detail for extended periods of time
- Ability to respond effectively to sensitive inquiries or complaints
- Maintain a high level of ethical and professional standards in accordance with agency and community policy
Physical Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to talk or hear in order to give and receive information and instructions
- Ability to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls
- Ability to reach with hands and arms
- Ability to use computer keyboard up to 50% of the day
- Visual acuity, ability to adjust focus and peripheral vision for work on a laptop or other computer equipment
- Lift and/or move up to 30 pounds
Equipment and Computer Software Skills and Abilities:
- Computer literate (basic working knowledge of Microsoft WORD, Excel, and Outlook) and data/electronic records program in use
- Able to use telephone, office copier, calculator, fax machine, computer printer and scanner, or other equipment as required
- Regularly work indoors in a variety of environments
- Potential exposure to blood borne pathogens
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & CERTIFICATES
- Masters Degree in a Social Service related field
- Registered with the BBS and has a BBS number
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred
- Previous experience working with severely and emotionally disturbed children
- Valid California drivers license, driving record and personal vehicle insurance acceptable to Hillsides’ insurance carrier
TRAUMA INFORMED CARE (TIC)
Hillsides practices Trauma Informed Care (TIC) principles which recognizes the signs, symptoms, and widespread impact of trauma; Employees are asked to comprehensively integrate knowledge of Trauma Informed Care into policies, procedures, and practices with the goal to prevent re-traumatization which promotes healing of families, youth, individuals, and communities.
Hillsides is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Status: Full Time