Bilingual Administrative Assistant I (#00016)
Hillsides is dedicated to healing children and young adults, strengthening families, and transforming communities through quality comprehensive services and advocacy.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may be assigned.
The essential functions include:
- Receive incoming telephone calls, provides answers to routine inquiries and/or refers them to other personnel
- Manage on site psychiatrist's appointments for various programs
- Data entry into EHR system and web based programs associated with medication supportive services
- Maintain office co-ordination: maintaining co-ordination and link between the department/person and the rest of the office
- Maintain records and files
- Arrange meetings and other gatherings
- Create and maintain office documents: office documents such as, letters, correspondences, invoices, reports, data sheets
- Handle daily outgoing and incoming mail distribution
- Assist in the gathering and organization of information in preparation for audits, reports, etc.
- Oversee the ordering, receipt, stocking and distribution of office supplies
- Keep all Financial Services f01ms stocked at all times for access by staff
- Manage diary/calendars
- Provide clerical and procedural suppo1i as needed.
- Able to work evening hours as requested
- Other duties as required
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED TO PERFORM THE ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Communication Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from staff, children, and the general public
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret office documents
- Ability to observe and follow Hillsides policies relating to confidentiality
Mental/Interpersonal Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent customer service skills
- Good knowledge of English, grammar, spelling and punctuation
- Ability to type accurately and proficiently
- Ability to set up and maintain filing systems.
- Ability to work independently and with others -including other employees, clients and members of the public -- in face-to-face and telephonic contexts
- Ability to multi-task , establish priorities and manage time, meet deadlines and perform duties under time constraints
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to changing work demands
- Maintain high level of concentration and attention to detail for extended periods of time
- Demonstrated ability to respond to a wide range of inquiries in a tactful and courteous manner.
- Demonstrated ability to perform duties with minimal supervision and to exercise greater judgment.
- Excellent organizational abilities
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & CERTIFICATES
- Previous related secretarial experience
- High School diploma preferred
- Bilingual in Spanish
- Valid California drivers’ license, driving record and personal vehicle insurance acceptable to Hillsides ' insurance carrier
Hillsides is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Status: Full Time