Administrative Assistant I (#00011)
Hillsides is dedicated to healing children and young adults, strengthening families, and transforming communities through quality comprehensive services and advocacy.
In exchange for your skill and experience, Hillsides offers an excellent benefits package, which includes:
- Competitive salary
- Supportive work environment
- Medical insurance with a $10 premium per paycheck for employee only coverage plan
- Dental insurance 100% employer paid for HMO employee only coverage plan
- Life and AD&D insurance 100% employer paid up to two times the annual salary
- Long-term disability 100% employer paid
- Flexible Spending Account with $500 roll-over limit
- 401 k with no wait period, 5% employer match cap and no vesting schedule
- 12 paid holidays per year
- Generous time off policy accruing up to 22 paid days in a year for new employees
- Bilingual stipend of $2,000 for BA/BS and $4,000 for MA/MS for all applicable positons
- Cell phone allowance for applicable positions
- Opportunity to ear BBS CEUs
- Employee Assistance Program
- Sign-On bonus of $4,000 for Therapist and Social Workers
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may be assigned.
The essential functions include:
- Work closely with QA Director in fortifying QA practices of record-keeping, data tracking, creating reports, scanning client documentation, etc.
- Act as a Historian in meetings assigned
- Creating and maintaining office documents: office documents such as, letters, correspondences, invoices, reports, data sheets
- Assist in the gathering and organization of information in preparation for audits, reports, etc.
- Assist in Welligent Activities
- Oversee the ordering, receipt, stocking and distribution of office supplies
- Assist in reception coverage as needed
- Provide clerical and procedural support as needed
- Other duties as required
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED TO PERFORM THE ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Communication Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from staff, children, and the general public
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret office documents
- Ability to observe and follow Hillsides policies relating to confidentiality
Mental/Interpersonal Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent customer service skills
- Good knowledge of English, grammar, spelling and
- Ability to type accurately and proficiently.
- Ability to set up and maintain filing systems.
- Ability to work independently and with others - including other employees, clients and members of the public - in face-to-face and telephonic contexts
- Ability to multi-task, establish priorities and manage time, meet deadlines and perform duties under time constraints
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to changing work demands
- Maintain high level of concentration and attention to detail for extended periods of time
- Demonstrated ability to respond to a wide range of inquiries in a tactful and courteous manner.
- Demonstrated ability to perform duties with minimal supervision and to exercise greater judgment.
- Excellent organizational abilities
Physical Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to talk or hear in order to give and receive information and instructions
- Ability to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls
- Ability to reach with hands and arms
- Ability to use computer keyboard approximately 90% of the day
- Visual acuity, ability to adjust focus and peripheral vision for work including administrative, clerical and office machine operation
- Lift and/or move up to 20 pounds
Equipment and Computer Software Skills and Abilities:
- Computer literate (basic working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook and PowerPoint)
- Able to operate standard office equipment, including fax machines, photocopier machines, calculators, adding machines, postage machine, personal computers and terminals
- Regularly work indoors in temperature controlled environment
- Potential exposure to blood borne pathogens
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & CERTIFICATES
- High school diploma
- 2 to 4 years office/secretarial experience
- Valid California driver’s license, driving record and personal vehicle insurance acceptable to Hillsides' insurance carrier
Every employee has the opportunity and responsibility to participate in one or more activities each year that support the continuous quality improvement (CQI) of Hillsides’ programs and services. Activities might involve membership on a CQI committee or work group, service as a peer reviewer, data collection for CQI and evaluation purposes, completion of CQI questionnaires and surveys or participation in focus groups, or other activities as identified by CQI committees or work groups.
TRAUMA INFORMED CARE (TIC)
Hillsides practices Trauma Informed Care (TIC) principles which recognizes the signs, symptoms, and widespread impact of trauma; Employees are asked to comprehensively integrate knowledge of Trauma Informed Care into policies, procedures, and practices with the goal to prevent re-traumatization which promotes healing of families, youth, individuals, and communities.
This position performs tasks that may involve exposure to blood, body fluids, or tissues. All Hillsides employees are offered the opportunity to receive the Hepatitis B vaccination series.
Hillsides is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Status: Full Time