Administrative Assistant - Foster Care Services
Hillsides is dedicated to healing children and young adults, strengthening families, and transforming communities through quality comprehensive services and advocacy.
In exchange for your skill and experience, Hillsides offers an excellent benefits package, which includes:
- Competitive salary
- Supportive work environment
- Medical insurance with a $10 premium per paycheck for employee only coverage plan
- Dental insurance 100% employer paid for HMO employee only coverage plan
- Life and AD&D insurance 100% employer paid up to two times the annual salary
- Long-term disability 100% employer paid
- Flexible Spending Account with $500 roll-over limit
- 401 k with no wait period, 5% employer match cap and no vesting schedule
- 12 paid holidays per year
- Generous time off policy accruing up to 22 paid days in a year for new employees
- Employee Assistance Program
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may be assigned.
The essential functions include:
- Receive incoming telephone calls, provides answers to routine inquiries and/or refers them to other personnel
- Data entry into EHR system and web based programs
- Maintain records and files
- Arrange meetings and other gatherings
- Create and maintain office documents: office documents such as, letters, correspondences, invoices, reports, data sheets,
- Assist with the preparation and filing of Resource Family documentation
- Handle daily outgoing and incoming mail distribution
- Assist in the gathering and organization of information in preparation for audits, reports, etc.
- Oversee the ordering, receipt, stocking and distribution of office supplies
- Provide clerical and procedural support as needed.
- Timely open files for new placements and close files for foster children, youth and foster parents no longer served by the Organization.
- Organize and maintain family gift storage areas of facility.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED TO PERFORM THE ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Communication Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from staff, children, and the general public
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret office documents
- Ability to observe and follow Hillsides policies relating to confidentiality
Mental/Interpersonal Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent customer service skills
- Good knowledge of English, grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Ability to type accurately and proficiently.
- Ability to set up and maintain filing systems.
- Ability to work independently and with others – including other employees, clients and members of the public -- in face-to-face and telephonic contexts
- Ability to multi-task, establish priorities and manage time, meet deadlines and perform duties under time constraints
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to changing work demands
- Maintain high level of concentration and attention to detail for extended periods of time
- Demonstrated ability to respond to a wide range of inquiries in a tactful and courteous manner.
- Demonstrated ability to perform duties with minimal supervision and to exercise greater judgment.
- Excellent organizational abilities
Physical Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to talk or hear in order to give and receive information and instructions
- Ability to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls
- Ability to reach with hands and arms
- Ability to use computer keyboard approximately 50% of the day
- Visual acuity, ability to adjust focus and peripheral vision for work including administrative, clerical and office machine operation
Equipment and Computer Software Skills and Abilities:
- Computer literate (basic working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook and PowerPoint)
- Able to operate standard office equipment, including fax machines, photocopier machines, calculators, adding machines, postage machine, personal computers and terminals
- Regularly work indoors in a variety of environments
- Potential exposure to blood borne pathogens
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & CERTIFICATES
- Previous related secretarial experience
- High School diploma preferred
- Bilingual in Spanish
- Valid California drivers license, driving record and personal vehicle insurance acceptable to Hillsides’ insurance carrier
- Hillsides is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Status: Full Time