Hillsides is a premier provider dedicated to improving the overall well-being and functioning of vulnerable children, youth, and their families. We provide high quality care, advocacy, and innovative services that promote safe, permanent environments where young people can thrive.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may be assigned.
The essential functions include:
- Conduct data collection, research, prepare statistical reports, and handle information and data extraction requests
- Analyze and synthesize data to drive decision-making for upper and middle management performance reviews.
- Work collaboratively as a member of the Research & Evaluation team to implement and monitor client service practice.
- Provide technical assistance to program staff regarding the implementation of CQI evaluation protocols and tracking tools.
- Engage clients, staff and other providers in the community for purposes of process evaluation and assessment.
- Compile data on mental health research, evaluation, and technical assistance projects that address issues on quality and disparities of service delivery, economic trends in cost and utilization, and/or other key behavioral health policy areas. Such data will be used to inform and shape the organization’s clinical models within each division and department.
- Assist in the design and implementation of monitoring deliverables for the newly adapted clinical models tying in to the department/division’s improvement plans that support the organization’s strategic plan.
- Adherence to research and methodological principles
- Participate in research activities in collaboration with outside groups including but not limited to California Alliance, CIMH, ACHSA, DCFS, DMH, Child Welfare Associations, Council on Accreditation (COA)
- Participate in all RFP (Request for Proposals) activities
- Collaborate with programs and departments to ensure the success of ongoing development and implementation of the improvement and evaluation plans
- Analyze evaluation issues and demonstrate creative problem solving
- Support and lead the evaluation team by facilitating the quality performance review process
- Disseminate and translate research on mental health findings in various formats, targeting specific audiences
- Participate in assigned workgroup meetings (internal and external)
- Support all benchmarking activities
- Support all Council of Accreditation (COA) activities with a focus on CQI/PQI (Performance and Quality Improvement) standards
- Other duties as required
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED TO PERFORM THE ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Communication Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from clients, office personnel, other employees and the general public
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret manuals and office documents
Mental/Interpersonal Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent organizational skills, including strong attention to detail and ability to maintain timelines.
- Ability to define problems, gather, transcribe and post data, analyze, synthesize and classify information, and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to work independently and with others – including other employees, clients and members of the public -- in face-to-face and telephonic contexts
- Ability to multi-task, establish priorities and manage time, meet deadlines and perform duties under time constraints
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to changing work demands
- Maintain high level of concentration and attention to detail for extended periods of time
- Ability to respond effectively to sensitive inquiries or complaints
- Maintain a high level of ethical and professional standards in accordance with agency and community policy
- Be proficient in drafting letters, memos and other correspondence, exhibiting excellent command of the English language, grammar, punctuation, spelling, and vocabulary
Physical Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to talk or hear in order to give and receive information and instructions
- Ability to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls
- Ability to reach with hands and arms
- Ability to use computer keyboard up to 95% of the day
- Visual acuity, ability to adjust focus and peripheral vision for work on a laptop or other computer equipment
- Lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
Equipment and Computer Software Skills and Abilities:
- Computer literate (intermediate working knowledge of Microsoft WORD, Excel, and Outlook) and data/electronic records program currently in use
- Able to use telephone, office copier, calculator, fax machine, computer printer and scanner, or other equipment as required
ADDITIONAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support all BHD activities
- Regularly work indoors in a variety of environments
- Potential exposure to blood borne pathogens
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & CERTIFICATES
- A Bachelor’s degree required, a Master’s degree desired in Statistics, Analytics, Business Management or a related field.
- 2 years of experience conducting program evaluation and/or quality improvement initiatives required, preferably with project management experience.
- At least one (1) year of experience creating formal reports, analyses and research briefs to be used for decision-making and/or program evaluation.
- Proficient in intermediate Excel tasks or other statistical tools to create reports, dashboards, analyses, or research briefs
- 1 - 3 years of experience conducting research
- Knowledge of research methodology and statistics
- Strong verbal and writing skills; ability to express complex ideas in a clear, concise manner
- Experience in team collaboration
- Valid California driver’s license, driving record and personal vehicle insurance acceptable to Hillsides’ insurance carrier
Every employee has the opportunity and responsibility to participate in one or more activities each year that support the continuous quality improvement (CQI) of Hillsides’ programs & services. Activities might involve membership on a CQI committee or work group, service as a peer reviewer, data collection for CQI and evaluation purposes, completion of CQI questionnaires and surveys or participation in focus groups, or other activities as identified by CQI committees or work groups.
This position performs tasks that may involve exposure to blood, body fluids, or tissues. All Hillsides employees are offered the opportunity to receive the Hepatitis B vaccination series.
In exchange for your skill and experience, Hillsides offers an excellent benefits package, which includes:
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Long term disability
- Life insurance
- Competitive salary
- Supportive work environment
Hillsides has embarked upon implementing and embedding Trauma Informed Care (TIC) principles throughout the organization. Candidates should be aware that all employees are involved in the implementation and the practice of Trauma Informed Care within the organization.
Hillsides is an Equal Opportunity Employer