Hillsides is a premier provider dedicated to improving the overall well-being and functioning of vulnerable children, youth, and their families. We provide high quality care, advocacy, and innovative services that promote safe, permanent environments where young people can thrive.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may be assigned.
The essential functions include:
- Receive incoming telephone calls, provides answers to routine inquiries and/or refers them to other personnel
- Maintain office co-ordination: maintaining co-ordination and link between the department/person and the rest of the office
- Maintain records and files
- Arrange meetings and other gatherings
- Arrange travel
- Creating and maintaining office documents: office documents such as, letters, correspondences, invoices, reports, data sheets
- Handle daily outgoing & incoming mail distribution
- Assist in the gathering and organization of information in preparation for audits, reports, etc.
- Oversee the ordering, receipt, stocking and distribution of office supplies
- Keep all Financial Services forms stocked at all times for access by staff
- Manage diary/calendars
- Provide clerical and procedural support as needed
- Other duties as required
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED TO PERFORM THE ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Communication Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from staff, children, and the general public
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret office documents
- Ability to observe and follow Hillsides policies relating to confidentiality
Mental/Interpersonal Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent customer service skills
- Good knowledge of English, grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Ability to type accurately and proficiently.
- Ability to set up and maintain filing systems.
- Ability to work independently and with others – including other employees, clients and members of the public -- in face-to-face and telephonic contexts
- Ability to multi-task, establish priorities and manage time, meet deadlines and perform duties under time constraints
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to changing work demands
- Maintain high level of concentration and attention to detail for extended periods of time
- Demonstrated ability to respond to a wide range of inquiries in a tactful and courteous manner.
- Demonstrated ability to perform duties with minimal supervision and to exercise greater judgment.
- Excellent organizational abilities
Physical Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to talk or hear in order to give and receive information and instructions
- Ability to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls
- Ability to reach with hands and arms
- Ability to use computer keyboard approximately 90% of the day
- Visual acuity, ability to adjust focus and peripheral vision for work including administrative, clerical and office machine operation
- Lift and/or move up to 20 pounds
Equipment and Computer Software Skills and Abilities:
Computer literate (basic working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook and PowerPoint)
Able to operate standard office equipment, including fax machines, photocopier machines, calculators, adding machines, postage machine, personal computers and terminals
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE& CERTIFICATES
- Valid California drivers license, driving record and personal vehicle insurance acceptable to Hillsides’ insurance carrier
In exchange for your skill and experience, Hillsides offers an excellent benefits package, which includes:
Hillsides is an Equal Opportunity Employer